Tuesday, January 15, 2013

WELCOME!

    "Enter freely and of your own free will," as was encouraged by a certain pale faced nobleman back in 1897.  If you know who he was, congratulations.  If not, do your research and then read the book.  There are worse ways to pass the time, and few better.
     Now that you are here you are probably wondering "Why 'The Last Dinosaur?' "  Quite simply, I have been avoiding this use of technology for as long as it has existed.  Time was, I proudly referred to myself as a Luddite, refusing to join the rest of the world in its excitement over what seemed to be daily innovations in our rush to achieve the inevitable conclusions of our most foreboding science fiction.  But the old ways always die, and the beginning of the end came with cell phones and a "family plan" which, of course, included me.  I convinced myself that this would be the end of my advancement and held out for a number of years.  Then, several months ago, an author who is quite familiar with the new trends in publishing advised me to do three things:  create a blog, join the Facebook revolution, and get on Twitter, all of which would provide others access to my poetry; access which is difficult to obtain through old fashioned, traditional publishing methods.  So, after months of careful consideration, the last dinosaur has created (with much assistance from his daughter) a blog.  But write this down wherever you write things down - there will be no Facebook or Twitter.  That way lies madness.
     So, welcome, and I hope to offer something to you through the poems which will appear shortly.  It is my intention to update this space on a regular basis, hopefully weekly, but no promises.   I will, of course, read thoroughly any and all comments and, soon, include an email address for any correspondence.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment